By Nicole White
Whether you want to work on standing out as a leader or just want to improve your confidence and charisma for all aspects of life, you can find some great guidance and advice on the Internet. These bloggers, some of whom are well-known writers, CEO’s and business professionals, can help you discover the leadership potential that exists in you so you can be more successful, productive and happy in any role in your life.
Check out these blogs for some advice on bringing out your hidden leadership abilities.
- Center for Leader Development: Foster your budding leadership skills as a student or an adult with the resources provided by this center’s blog.
- Extreme Leadership: Learn how to take your leadership to a whole other, more extreme level with tips from Steve Farber.
- Unleashing Your Leadership Potential: Blogger and businessman Kevin Eikenberry provides help and insights on unleashing your leadership potential on this site.
- Slow Leadership: This blog is all about taking the slow and steady approach to building leadership skills and becoming a great leader.
- Survival Leadership: Don’t just be a successful leader, but a significant one. This blog provides loads of leadership development skills.
- Mick’s Leadership Blog: Learn how to self-assess, get tips on management and much more from this blog.
- The Leadership Blog: Check out this site to find some truly inspirational interviews with business leaders.
- The Leadership Evolution: Are you in need of a leadership pick-me-up? This site is dedicated to providing leaders of all kinds with inspirational quotes.
- The Recovering Leader: Learn to be more self-aware in your leadership skills with a little help from this blog.
- The Practice of Leadership: South African blogger George Ambler shares his journey to better leadership on this site.
- Zinger On Strength-Based Leadership: Here you can find advice and guidance on strength-based leadership.
- Great Leadership: Blogger Dan McCarthy provides some great insights on leadership development on his blog.
- Learn This: Give this blog a visit to learn to boost your productivity, career tips and of course, leadership advice.
- Coaching Tip: The Leadership Blog: Check out this site to learn more about the latest in leadership and get tips on improving your tips from coach John Agno.
Youth and Student Leadership
If you’re still in school but want to get an early start on building your leadership confidence check out these blogs that explain how to be a leader in school and beyond.
- Leadership Wisconsin: While focused at the University of Wisconsin, this blog gives advice that can be useful to students anywhere.
- The Student Leader Think Tank: Share your ideas on this blog related to all kinds of student leadership issues.
- Students 2.0: Learn how you can get into leadership using the latest technologies to connect with other leaders on this blog and on sites around the world.
- The Apathy Myth: The youth is often depicted as not caring much about important issues, but this blog works to dispel that myth and give advice to youth leaders working to make a difference.
- Ed Gerety’s Dream Big Blog: Get advice from this well-known speaker on how to make your dreams a reality through great leadership and initiative.
- Youthmania: This blog aims to inspire youth leadership in all kinds of programs and initiatives.
- Studentlinc: Check out this blog for loads of guidance on becoming one of the best student leaders at campuses around the nation.
- Lindsay Pollak Blog: This blogger and author can help you learn how to translate those leadership skills developed at school into the workplace.
- The Student Affairs Collaborative Blog: Peers and professionals work together to provide information on student leadership on this blog.
- It’s Getting Hot in Here: Here, students and youth around the nation work to lead programs to combat global warming.
- Choice Words: Students who are pro-choice can share their leadership advice and experience on this activism-focused blog.
- A Leader’s Journal: This blogger worked hard in college and beyond to rise to a leadership position. Get his tips and advice on building your leadership repertoire on his site.
- Global Kid’s Online Leadership Program: Even those not yet in college can start gaining valuable leadership skills. This blog provides tips and tools for motivating kids around the world.
Learn how you can take an active leadership role in your own community and make a difference at home and around the world through the advice and stories in these blogs.
- Servant Leadership Blog: Whether you’re serving the community through your church or through a local organization, you’ll find loads of tips on this blog on how you can be a great leader and public servant at the same time.
- Community Leadership Association: Check out this organization’s website to find information on building your community leadership skills.
- Innovate Rotary: If you work in your community through a Rotary group you can gain from the valuable tips on improving your local chapter from this blog.
- Outstanding Club: Find some inspirational stories on this blog as well as advice on getting involved in charitable, community work.
- Leadership Matters: Here you’ll find tips from the Kiwanis on being great community leaders.
- Leading Blog: This blog is all about changing the way people think about leadership and helping them build better leadership skills in any aspect of their lives.
- How to Change the World: Guy Kawasaki provides tips and advice on using technology, managing better and more to help you make waves in the world.
- Daily Heroes: Get inspired by the individuals this blog features, who’ve taken their leadership to the highest levels and made a big difference in their communities.
- Make a Difference: This blog promotes community leadership and volunteering and readers can find a lot of good tips and stories.
- The Change Blog: To become a better leader you have to be willing to change and develop yourself. This blog is all about making that transition and getting more out of your life.
Being a leader often means delegating tasks to others, ensuring everyone is on the same page, and helping keep everything under control. These bloggers hope to help you build those management skills and be a better leader.
- Managing Leadership: Learn how to be a great leader at the senior executive level, managing other managers.
- Management Craft: here you’ll find some great advice and articles about updating your management skills.
- CEO Blog: Jim Estill, CEO of SYNNEX shares his experiences as senior executive and provides some useful management tips.
- Leadership Turn: Learn how to lead your employees by doing instead of just talking through this blog focused on helping you build a great leadership style.
- Bird’s Eye View: Susan Willet Bird writes this blog that is all about building better communication with employees and customers.
- Management by Baseball: Learn some management tips from the great American sport in this blog.
- Agile Management Blog: Check out this blog to learn about software, leadership and more from David J. Anderson.
- Slacker Manager: Learn to manage better by doing less from this helpful blog.
- Management IQ: Business Week maintains this blog that helps managers learn to build their leadership skills and manage smarter.
- Management Improvement Blog: Get some advice on numerous ways you can be a better manager and run a better business from blogger John Hunter.
- Execupundit: Michael Wade comments on leadership and ethics in this business blog.
- Management Skills Blog: Share in the knowledge of Tom Foster in this blog that aims to help managers and business leaders do their jobs better than ever.
- Cali and Jody: These authors wrote a book on how work sucks and how you can make it better and share many of their tips on this blog.
- The Enlightened Manager: Don’t manage from the dark ages. Instead, take some tips from this blogger on little things you can do to improve your on-the-job performance.
Women who want to build some leadership skills will enjoy these blogs.
- Women in the LEAD: This blog is all about bringing together women from around the world to teach them new skills, build leadership, share ideas and more.
- Women’s Leadership Exchange Blog: Visit this blog to read stories about how women are playing leadership roles all over the world.
- Future Women Leaders Blog: Start building your leadership skills today by reading this blog. It teaches women young and old how to be better and more effective leaders in work and in their communities.
- Speak for Success Women’s Leadership Blog: Check out this blog for posts geared towards helping women build the confidence and self-esteem they need to be powerful and effective community leaders.
- Women on Business: Get a female perspective on the world of business from this blog.
- Nina Lets It Out: Nine Simosko provides some ideas on leadership for women and men on her blog.
- Network Central: Women leading teams can take advantage of the insight and advice offered on this site.
- The Glass Hammer: This blog aims to help women break through the barriers that often keep them from taking on leadership or management roles.
- Savvy Leader Coaching: Through her blog, Kim McGuire wants to help coach women to be better entrepreneurs and leaders while maintaining a balanced life.
- Workerette: Working women can find all kinds of relevant news articles and postings on this blog.
- Convergence: Here you’ll find a forum where women can connect, network and share ideas about success and leadership.
- Executive Women 2.0: Find tips and advice on advancing your career on this blog.
If you’re actively involved in your religion and want to play a bigger leadership role within your community, check out these blogs for some tips that can help.
- Monday Morning Insight: This blog posts a range of religion-oriented stories, but many can be quite helpful in terms of church leadership.
- Gifted for Leadership: These Christian women have come together to explore how women can take on an active role as church leaders.
- Leading Smart: While blogger Tim Stevens focuses his leadership lessons to those working in the church, as ministers and volunteer managers, just about anyone can benefit from the lessons he shares.
- Learnings @ Leadership Network: Learn what leaders in other churches are doing and how you can bring these great leadership opportunities to yours.
- Ed Young Blog: This leader and pastor shares his thoughts on what makes great church leadership here.
- Next Reformation: This blogger encourages leaders in churches around the nation to keep up with the changing times.
- Church Leadership Conversations: Even if you’re not a major leader in your church you can learn a lot about taking on this community leadership role from this blog.
- Revitalize Your Church: Check out this blog to find out more about how you can work towards enlivening your religious activities.
- Generation Leadership: While a good portion of the posts on this blog are geared towards religious matters, the tips it provides can be useful for any person.
- Worship Matters: Learn how to become a better leader in your religious community from this blog.
- Ministry Best Practices: Geared towards those in the ministry, this blog provides advice on being better at the leadership that role requires.
- I Am an Offering: Whether you lead a bible study class or a whole congregation, you’ll find some great tips on leadership here.
- Integrate My Life: This blog deals with technology and the church. You’ll get insight on ways you can better use technology to connect your congregation, groups and the community at large.
Check out these blogs to get some advice on being a better leader at work.
- The Bacharach Blog: Learn ways to be more proactive in your leadership through the posts and suggestions found in this blog.
- Three Star Leadership Blog: On this award-winning blog you’ll find the writings of Wally Bock, who posts on everything from being a CEO to reviews of current books.
- Dispatches from the New World of Work: Blogger Tom Peters provides helpful tips and suggestions on how to achieve more at work in this blog.
- Say Leadership Coaching: This Polynesian-themed blog may have a fun-filled look, but its content is all business, with tips on building better leadership and management skills.
- Leadership in Action: Don’t just sit back and expect to become a great leader. This blog explains how to get moving towards a better management style.
- Seth Godin’s Blog: This blog touches on a wide range of topics but gives some great insights into not only leadership but business practices in general.
- Sources of Insight: Here you’ll find advice on ways to be more productive, manage your own time and live a lead a life of action.
- Self Leadership Blog: Whether you have a great manager or an incompetent one, this blog will help you learn to be a great leader to yourself, so you can find success in any situation.
- Michael Lee Stallard: Michael Lee Stallard, president of E Pluribus Partners, provides his tips on improving leadership, satisfaction and engagement at work.
- Simplicity: Who says being a good leader has to be complicated? This blog aims to help you get more done with the barest of essentials.
- Plain Talk Blog: This blog is all about giving easy-to-understand insights about improving and energizing your performance at work.
- Business Coaching: Find hidden profits and areas where you can improve your leadership within your workplace with some help from this blogger.
- Stephen H Baum Leadership: From CEOs down on the chain of command, you’ll find helpful tips to get you successfully leading at work.
- All Things Workplace: Written by CEO Steve Rosler, this blog is full of ideas to get your not only leading better but performing your best at work in every aspect.
You may be the head of the team as a leader, but these blogs can help you learn to better manage that team and increase its effectiveness.
- Team Orrin Woodward: This author and blogger provides news and advice on building better teams, management and businesses.
- Team Fusion: Leaders, managers and supervisors can gain valuable insights from this team building blog.
- Five Star Leader: This site is a great place to learn the skills you’ll need to guide everyone at your business to success.
- Business Energy: Check out this blog to learn how to avoid wasting the potential energy of your business and how to get the most out of your teams.
- Ask the Team Doc: Ask questions and get answers on all your team leadership issues on this blog by Denise O’Berry.
- Winning Workplaces: Here you can learn how to build a workplace that’s conducive to success.
- Doug Petch: This blogger believes that your success as a manager and business owner depends on your ability to form effective teams. Learn more on his blog.
- What It Takes to be a Team Leader: Learn the necessary skills and how to hone them on the job to effectively lead a team from this blog.
- Leading to the Side: Not in technically in charge of your team but still want to take an active role in leading things? Check out this blog for some great tips.
- Leadership Styles Blog: Learn all about the variety of leadership styles out there and discover which may be best to lead the team you’re in charge of.
Quick Degree Finder